[Gpdd] [Health] Please say prayers for my new baby

Julia Kennedy tabithaporter at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 02:54:05 EDT 2006

Hi there!

Last week, I got a new baby piggy - I hadn't meant to,
but she was in a pet shop and had skin problems and
the staff hadn't noticed and I just had to take her
home with me.  She had her first dose of topical
ivermec last week and last night, we went back for the
second.

As she had scratched herself quite badly, the vet gave
her an anti-inflammatory injection.  Bad move - she
has reacted violently to it, her legs have all gone
completely stiff and she keeps having convulsions.

The CCT have given me advice and I am following this
to the letter, but 12 hours on,there is little
improvement, she is still stiff and fitting, although
she is managing to eat for herself, which is
something.

I have stayed up nearly all night with her, and am
shattered and heart-worn this morning.  Please keep
her in your prayers, as she's only a little baby.

She doesn't even have a name yet, as I am trying to
find something to suit her, at the moment, she's just
"the Bear".

With sympathies to anyone else with sick piggies and
those who have lost their friends recently.

Julia, Cordelia, Persephone, Paddington, Emily and a
very sick Bear