[Gpdd] CARE: Using a Syringe

BunsnPigs at aol.com BunsnPigs at aol.com
Thu Aug 17 19:21:25 EDT 2006

But I also need some advice. Currently I'm using
it to feed  milk replacer to the little black piggie
babies from Texas, and wash  and rinse it out
carefully after each use.  I was leaving it  apart
afterward to dry out, but the plunger begain to
be  hard to push down..So I've started putting
t back together, thinking  the rubber tip on the
plunger was drying out.
Does anyone  here know the proper way to
care for these?  Is there anything I  can treat
the plunger with to make it work more  smoothly?

Susi, the rubber dries out and you need to just get another syringe or you
can try getting a few more pushes out of it by rubbing a tiny bit of olive,
safflower, or canola oil on it.

Judi