[Gpdd] CARE - fruit flies an how to get rid of them

Horsesaavy82 at aol.com Horsesaavy82 at aol.com
Sat Aug 19 08:10:17 EDT 2006

Hello everyone and every piggie, I have a question, we had a  huge fruit fly
infestation, we removed all animals from the house and sprayed,  and 99
percent of the flies are gone, and we are also taking extra percautions  not to
leave anything to attract them, such as covering the trash so they don't  go in
it. But it seems that they won't leave the guinea pig cage! I have been
cleaning the cages daily, but since I use carefresh, it gets pretty expencive. I
wondered if anyone else had this problem, and if they had any advice on how to
repel them. I read on Peter Gurney's site, and there are different natural oils
 you can use, but I am not sure were to find these oils?
 Another idea, I wanted to know if I could use aspen bedding, and put  a
layer of carefresh on top, to save a little money on bedding. I am allergic to
pine and cedar, and wouldn't use them anyway, but I heard aspen is better, but I
 know everyone on this digest knows more about it.  Thank you very much
everyone!
 Ming Ming update - she is still growing...I am getting excited about  her
babies...I have never seen babies before, so of course I'm still researching
everything I can.
Have a great WHEEKend!
Amy, Lenny and Ming Ming