[Gpdd] misc ~ Haypile Honey/Baggins Boys update!

shim1990 at adelphia.net shim1990 at adelphia.net
Sat Aug 19 12:50:52 EDT 2006

I haven't posted very much in ages, but love reading and keeping up with everyone's pigs!  In the spirit of posting some happy news, I thought it was time for an update on my herd.
My Honeys are doing great!  The latest Honey, Mouse, is finally in with the herd!  Mouse is a rescued piggy who came to me with Vit C deficiency and loaded with mites.  Her friend Skunky crossed the Bridge within three weeks of my getting her, and I didn't think Mouse would last much longer.  But the vet and good nutrition have helped tremendously, and while she'll never be robust, she's 100% better than she was when I got her.
Mouse is a weak, little thing, so I was reluctant to put her with the other girls.  But I'd noticed in the past few weeks that she was very lonely, snuggling and talking to her stuffed animal friend, and I worried that when I go back to work in a couple of weeks she'd get depressed.  So I tried her in with the girls, first for little bits, then just seperating her at night when I can't supervise.  (Her cage had been in a position where they could see/smell her for months.)
Mouse is still very timid with the other Honeys (I think she always will be) and of course Pippin and Petunia have done the domination mounting thing, but now the bossy girls fairly ignore her, and she and Porky spend alot of time sleeping together.  Porky is five and none too energetic, so I think they will make a good match.  Corkster could care less about Mouse as long as she gets treats first!!!
My two boys, Bilbo and Frodo, are also doing great.  They were rescues that I rehomed, who ended up back with me when the person I adopted them out to moved.  The Baggins boys are livin' large in their multi level cage, enjoying lots of good food and daily cuddle time with my daughter and me.  They are so funny because they're much bolder than the girls, and love the attention almost as much as food!!
--Here's hoping all sick piggies get better soon, and love to all who have lost a little friend.
  Judi, the Haypile Honeys, and the    Baggins Boys
www.art4animals.blinkz.com/