[Gpdd] [CARE] First visit to CCT

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 19 13:30:19 EDT 2006

Dear Simon and Kirsty

I have seen Vedra and she has been like this with me.  I think she has such
a lot to deal with and so many sick piggies to take care of that she knows
exactly what needs doing and gets her head down and gets on with it pronto,
knowing she has more to do once you've left.

When I saw her, she had 18 'patients' staying at her premises as well as the
3 guinea pigs that she owns.  I believe she also has a full time job, so I
think she feels the pressure a bit and this comes across to us in a slightly
unfavourable way to us.

Rest assured, if there had been anything wrong with your piggies she would
have told you and would have made sure you left knowing what treatment was
needed.

It's not impossible that before you arrived she may have had to deal with a
distressing situation with someone else's pig.  The day I saw her, she told
me that someone had turned up with an emergency the night before at 11pm,
and so she had had a rough night dealing with that.  She also, sadly, has to
deal with those pigs that don't make it, and that must be heart-breaking for
her.  As so many people bring their pigs to her, she must see this on a
scale that most of us would (thankfully) not see.

I am not trying to make excuses for her, as I have found her a little sharp
and wondered if it was me, but I think she has her work well and truly cut
out for her, and doesn't receive very much outside assistance
volunteer-wise, so the pressure is pretty much on her 24/7.

She is a fully qualified rodentologist and her knowledge of pigs is
infinitely greater than most vets, so please don't be put off.  She knows
her stuff and I am greatly releaved there are people like her around to help
with piggy care, as I knew nothing when I first got my two and she has been
a great help.  She has a heart of gold, so try not to be put off going there
again.

Carole