[Gpdd] MISC. toys for Lin

Folly Farm lfolly at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 20 15:16:02 EDT 2006

Hi Lin,

My piggies like those jingle balls, too.  I get the heavier duty ones for ferrets (at Petco).  They're about
the size of a grapefruit and made of thicker plastic, with a smaller ball inside.  Easy to wash, too.
I also buy hard plastic hanging bird toys for large parrots that have bells on them.  I hang them from
the ceiling and a couple of my pigs will stand on their back legs to play with them.  I also hang some
a little lower on the walls.  Human baby toys made of hard plastic are good, too.  I've got a toy phone
with 6 buttons that they step on and each makes a different sound.  They really like that.  Sometimes
when they're in they're play pen I think I'm getting a call!  The hard teething toys that you can clip to a
stroller, etc.  are also great for mounting in the cage.  I have a plastic set of keys that they nibble on.
I've also mounted a mirror with a thick plastic frame next to one of their food dishes.  Some of them like it,
but Bronwyn, one of my girls just stares at herself!  It's really cute.

Lisa Stanley
& the Herd Brody, Keely, Shayla, Genevyve, Bronwyn & Delaney