[Gpdd] [SILLY] Happy pig story

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Sun Aug 20 20:31:29 EDT 2006

My golden Miles piggy hasn't been eating his carrot for a couple of days,
so I popped down to the Vet to have his teeth checked...and got the
all-clear.  Perhaps he had just gone off carrot.  The next day, I looked
at his food bowl and it was empty after his meal, so I thought he must
have taken to eating the carrot again...until I picked up the bowl...he
had hidden all the slices of carrot *under* the bowl!  How can I tell her
I don't want it, he thinks.

What I had been giving him was part of a normal sized carrot, sliced into
strips with a peeler, so I went out and bought some miniature vegetable
carrots, which are about 5 inches long and no broader than a little
finger.  These were fine, and were eaten very quickly!  It's amazing how
our piggies are able to train us, even if it takes us a little while to
catch up with them!

Kay