[Gpdd] [Announcement] The Uinea's tell their evacuation story

truejedi at bellsouth.net truejedi at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 21 12:32:00 EDT 2006

Hello Slaves and Piggies!
I'm sure most of you remember the tramatic experience we went through last year with Hurricane Katrina.  The Uineas were evacuated 18 hours from home when all we could do was watch the pictures on TV from the hotel room, and see all the homes here being destroyed.  We could only hope and pray that our home was still there when we returned.  Well, we came back to an undamaged home and after a few weeks got back in touch with family and friends from our area.  We know so many people who lost everything they had.  But we were very fortunate.  We are very thankful that we didn't loose one thing from our home and all our family is safe.  There were many small things that we had to deal with like waiting in line for hours at the gas station for the next truck to bring gas in, the shelves at the stores being empty, trees everywhere broken in half, home all around us ruined, no cell phone service for months, and soo many other things.  But all these were small compared to what could have happened.  It made us even more thankful for all the things we have.  And it made our town come together and want to help each other.  Everywhere we went people were helping each other.  We shared our whole story with the digest as soon as we returned home from our evacuation.  Now one year later our story can be read throughout the world in Critters USA 2007.  We just want to thank everyone on the digest for all your love and support.  This is a wonderful community and we all can understand each other so well.  I just wanted to thank everyone on the GPDD again for everything.
Misty and The Uineas