[Gpdd] [GPDD] Behavior - Piggie Manners

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 14:18:30 EDT 2006

I, too, have observed that sometimes the piggies will deliberately
  do something that they know we are going to react to, maybe
  because of it. Just the other day, when I was feeding, I had
  served Mr. Dash and Mr. Popper (currently roommates), and
  was trying to coaxe Mr. Popper out of his house, while Mr Dash
  chowed down. I went on to feed some others, and when I came
  back to check on them, just as Mr. Popper came out to get a
  bite, Mr Dash grabbed the edge of the bowl and neatly flipped
  it upside down! Not just spilling it, but flipping the bowl on top
  of the pellets! Then he looked at me like he was so clever, and
  dashed into their house. I scolded him, laughing, while I picked
  up what I could and put back into the bowl for Mr. Popper, but
  he had run for cover by then.  I'm sure he got to eat, though.

  And Buzzerre is outdoing herself, getting into things she knows
  she shouldn't have. Her current trick is to reach onto the bedside
  table and knock my glasses, etc, off into the floor, and will get
  the remote if she can manage. She's also managed to turn the
  lamp on a couple times (it's one of those 'touch' lamps, and it's
  my fault for showing her how to do it!). It wouldn't be so bad if
  she'd just turn it off when she's done with it!  (my cousins had
  a cat who would turn on the water in the kitchen sink whenever
  she wanted a drink, but never bothered to turn it off)

  Are these guys still communicating with each other online while
  we're asleep or gone?  Must be!

  Susi & the Okie Piggies