[Gpdd] MISC: Birthday - The Topmeister is Five!

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 31 19:19:53 EDT 2006

Greetings, EveryOne and EveryPig -

Due to illness and an extended recovery, I missed
almost four months of our beloved digest.  [Talk about
WITHDRAWAL!!!!!  I have missed all of y'all SO MUCH!!!]
I am in the process now of working my way through all of
the back issues.  In the past few weeks I have been able
to start reading the current/daily issues again and there
have been so many losses in our piggie family.  Sad, sad
times.  My heart goes out to each family (persons and
piggies) that has experienced this deep sorrow and to all
families who have ill members right now.  You all are and
will continue to be in ouir hearts and thoughts.

I haven't posted in so long, but I wanted to celebrate fully
being back in the digest with the happy news that our dear
Topper is celebrating his fifth birthday Friday, September 1st.
With the loss of Mollie this year, he has had a pretty tough
time of it.  He is had always been quite a boisterous boy, but
he spent many sad months in stunned and grieving silence
after she went to the Bridge.  Now, though, he is wheeking
again for veggies and attention and the sunshine has
returned - he is still a bit quieter now, but doing well.

We just wanted to share his birthday with all of our digest
family.  Y'all have been such wonderful sources of strength,
comfort, laughter, and knowledge.  Topper sends a big
Wheek-Out to all his piggie pals and I send much love and
appreciation to the best bunch of folks in the universe!

Candy; Topper and Cat X; and dear Mollie at the Bridge