[Gpdd] HEALTH: Tyndale not eating his pellets

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Dec 1 12:20:45 EST 2006

If a piggy goes off a previously enjoyed food, especially if he is losing
weight, my first thought would be a tooth or mouth problem. You can probably
look inside his mouth yourself to check for an ulcer, which is easily
treated, but a tooth problem needs expert attention. You can check Tyndale's
front teeth easily, but will have to get your vet or rodentologist to have a
look at his back teeth. He may be unable to eat his pellets but can still
manage softer things like his veggies.

Some of my piggies aren't bothered about eating pellets but the weight loss
would indicate that something is going wrong with Tyndale.

Do let us all know how he gets on.

Best wishes from Penny and the Piggyfriends.