[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Duke & his teeth

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Mon Dec 4 18:11:44 EST 2006

Dear All, I seem to be forever updating on this little boys health.
This time on sat i did the usual clean out, he had a wet chin, i looked
in his mouth and sure enough his bottom and top teeth had broken a
little, he must've done this Friday from the way i can judge what foods
he'd eaten.  He'd just started to improve again and he wasn't having any
meds either.  I gave him a bath which he hated a lot, but i thought if i
cleaned him up he'd feel a little better.

I've also started back on CC and to my amazement he's started to lick it
off the spoon, just like Sully did :o(   We went to the vets yesterday
and had his teeth trimmed top and bottom and he also had a go at his
back teeth again to even things up.  Dr Brendan didn't say it but i
could tell, he knows Duke's failing slowly, he offered to put him in and
do a radical teeth trim but i can't put him thru what happened to Sully.
The little man is now only 750 grams, he's so tiny.  Because of having
his teeth trimmed he's basically sucking and nibbling at his food like a
little old man with false teeth.

I hate to say this but i think i'm going to have to make a decision that
i'm not going to like.  We're going away in less than 3 weeks and to
tell you the truth i'd hate it if anything went wrong and he passed away
whilst we were away, i need to be with him i can't let him go by
himself.  I'll have to judge by his weight and how he's eating.  And of
course today is 4 months since Sully passed away so i'm feeling very
miserable.

Sorry to ramble on so much, but if there's one place i know that i can
and have other people understand it's here.  Thanks for all the great
advice and comforting words.  Duke is still happy and came to greet me
this morning so until that stops we'll be together.

Duke & Glynis and in memory our dear little Sully