[Gpdd] Behaviour- lady pigs

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue Dec 5 09:43:01 EST 2006

Hi Elizabeth,

I was disappointed about the Egg card too. They should also put the piggies
on their statements!

Re your lady pigs - I have various groups of ladies and occasionally I will
see the sort of behaviour you are describing.  I put it down to the fact
that one of them is in season and is feeling a bit frisky as it doesn't last
for long and soon everypig is back to normal.

I'm sure that I have posted before about my Posy, who began behaving very
"boarishly" and pestered her sister so much that I had to separate them.
Posy proved to have an ovarian cyst, which my vet said was upsetting her
hormones but on which he was hesitant to operate. She had to live on her own
after that but she was very much a "cuddle pig" and didn't mind living
alone, whereas her sister, Rochelle, needed company and happily transferred
to a new group.

See if your lady pig calms down as it would be a shame to have to separate
them if this is only a passing phase, although you won't want the little one
to be stressed.

I can't help about the olives! None of my cavy books mentions them but I
can't see that they would be a problem. They are very good for us although I
don't like them. Maybe someone else has tried this!

Best wishes,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.