[Gpdd] [GPDD] Misc - Condolences - and Sympathies

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 16:29:55 EST 2006

To all who have lost a dear piggie, please accept our deepest
  sympathies, and know that we share your grief.  It was said
  that 'especially those you have had for a long time' can hurt
  to lose.  But I have felt very deep grief at the loss of even a
  tiny new baby I had not had the pleasure of meeting yet.
  Even hearing of some little piggie somewhere, gone to the
  Bridge, is cause for sadness. But joy, at the same time,
  knowing what a wonderful world they have entered.
  And of course, I know you would all agree with this.

  That said, I'm sure some of you have also had a similar
  experience to this.  There have been times that I have
  walked in, perhaps to feed, or just check on the pigs
  (who needs an excuse?!!), to find one lying very still.
  Even the usual announcements don't cause him to stir.
  So of course, I panic and shout at the piggie, gently
  shaking him. To which he responds with a startled look
  and leaping out of his skin.  Of course, then he must
  be collected and cuddled so we can both calm down.
  And be thankful.
  Hug your piggies.
  Susi the the OP's