[Gpdd] [GPDD] Health - Recovery

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 13:36:36 EST 2006

Cazza-
  Thanks for the heads up on the germs concern.  I've read
  that we should always wash our hands both before and
  after handling or feeding, etc, our piggies, and this just
  reinforces that. Just common sense - hope you get to
  feeling better soon!

    Lisa-
  So very sorry to hear your little Keely is feeling so poorly.
  We've never had any experience having a piggie spayed,
  so cannot be of any help there, only to offer our thoughts
  and prayers for a quick and complete recovery.
  Why not go to the DSN on gpdd and contact some of
  the emergency contacts who have experience in this
  area (probably surgery for any reason would apply).
  http://www.gpdd.org/dsn.html
  You might reach someone quicker this way.

  The only thing I would add, from experience with other
  ailing piggies, is to give her lots of love and attention,
  continual support and encouragement. Offer her anything
  and everything you can to get her to keep taking nibbles.
  Gotta keep that food going- whatever it takes!
  That can make all the difference.
  Lots of piggie hugs'n'kisses,
  Susi & the Okie Piggies