[Gpdd] Health-Keely's better

Folly Farm lfolly at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 9 23:46:20 EST 2006

I wanted to thank everyone who wrote to me personally, or on the board, about
little Keely Jo.  All of your suggestions, concern and well wishes were greatly
appreciated!  You guys are awesome.  In the wee hours of the morning on day
3, I put one of her more docile cage mates in the hospital pen with her and she
started eating pellets and hay ravenously!  By the next afternoon her poop was
back to normal, the bleeding had stopped and the eating continued.  She's also
stopped losing weight, and I actually saw her 'popcorn' today when I put her salad
in.  I guess it was probably a combination of pain, buprenex & loneliness making
her feel so terrible. It scared the heck out of me.  I'm still keeping a super close
eye on her for another couple of weeks.

Thanks Guys!

Lisa Stanley & the San Diego Herd

p.s. It's nice to have a place to come to (gpdd) where you don't get a strange look
for loving your guinea pigs so much! ( - :