[Gpdd] [Health] - Persephone and Paddington

Julia Kennedy tabithaporter at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 08:20:46 EST 2006

Hi there!

First of all, a big thank you to everyone who e-mailed
me with regard to why Persephone and Paddington
weren't eating.  I realise it's been a couple of
weeks, but I have been so busy with Paddington, I
haven't had the time to e-mail.

Persephone had cystitis and a course of Baytril has
sorted her out and she is back to normal.  Phew!

Paddington, on the other hand, was a different kettle
of fish!  He had his teeth done by the vet, and
although he perked up the day after, by the Saturday
morning, he had lost the use of his back legs and
refused to eat anything.  I went to an emergency vet,
not my normal vet as he wasn't available, and got some
pain meds and anti-inflammatories.  He perked up and
started to eat a little again - although I spent the
whole weekend syringe feeding him every hour!  I had
to go to work on Monday, so went home at lunchtime to
carry on his syringe feeding, but he was very
reluctant.  Come Tuesday, he was refusing all food -
both food and syringe feeding, so went back to the vet
and got some more pain meds.  He then tried to eat
some food, but was still refusing syringe food.  I was
so worried, I really did believe he was going to leave
me.  But we persevered, and with the help of the vet,
the CCT (who I was in daily contact with) and the pain
meds, he started eating again, and has been eating
normally since last Friday.  Phew!  It was a very long
2 weeks though and emotionally draining, but at least
it was worth it and my boy is still with us!

Healing wheeks to all ailing piggies and a very Merry
Pigmas to you all!

Julia, Cordelia, Persephone, Paddington, Emily and
Bearlette

remembering Tabitha, Charlotte, Perdita, Ophelia,
Delilah, Timothy, Iolanthe and Belinda at the bridge