[Gpdd] [MISC] ROll Call - new piggies!

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Tue Dec 12 12:41:57 EST 2006

Please welcome my new rescue piggies who joined me on Saturday:

George, 6 years old, neutered male, white with toffee markings

Beatrix, 18 months old, female, deep honey-gold colour

Phoebe, 10 months old, female, lemon agouti

Grace, 10 months old, female, silver agouti

Rowena, 10 months old female, silver agouti with white skirt.

The name "Rowena" apparently means "white skirt", and as Rowena's
markings look like a white skirt, that seemed the right name for her...she
looks over her shoulder as if to say "does my bum look big in this?"  Of
course, that is what all piggies aim to achieve.

Phoebe, Grace and Rowena are sisters, and were known in the Rescue as "The
Cheeky Girls".  They were all sharing quite happily together, but when I
got them home, Rowena wouldn't come out of the carry cabin...so I put my
hand in to pick her up, but my hand came out with Rowena dangling like a
little furry charm bracelet!  She's got a good set of teeth!  The Lady
Rowena declined the opportunity to share with the other girls again; I
had to scoop her up after she went for Beatrix.  I tried putting her in
with George, but *both* of them started chattering their teeth, so her
Ladyship now has her own cabin next door to Brave Bess, while the other
new piggies have made friends with Emily, who was looking for someone her
own age to play with.  George is the perfect gentleman and enjoys
snuggling up to the young ladies.

Birdie, I would love to have a copy of the Roll Call, please.

Best wishes

Kay