[Gpdd] HEALTH - Shilintong

Martha Coburn marthac at cogeco.ca
Tue Dec 12 13:09:08 EST 2006

Hi Merle,

My elder pig Sally gets Shilintong but hates the taste. I've found putting
the crushed tablet in some diluted carrot juice does the trick. I ended up
buying her a juicer after all the recalls on carrot juice here in Canada,
it's still not back on the shelf. Whether buying the carrot juice or making
it yourself the amount used is never very much so I put it into a couple of
ziploc bags and freeze it laying flat. Then I just break off a piece and let
it melt in the dish, add water and the shilintong. Sally thinks this is a
treat and has no qualms about gulping it down. Good luck with which ever
method you find works.

All the best,

Martha, Sally, Poppy, Holly & Miss Otis.