[Gpdd] MISC. Welcome new piggies and best of luck Duke.

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 18:08:14 EST 2006

Hi Penny,

Dunya is not a real dutch piggie name, but I did find the name on some dutch
dog name sites, it already reminded me of dogs! Because Dunya's coloring is
called Russian in dutch, which you all now as himalayan, I thought a russian
name would be nice for her. Janneke thought so too and sent me a list of
russian girls names. Among the list was dunyasha. I liked that name, but
thought it was a bit too long, so I abbreviated it to Dunya, which turned
out to be a common name in Russian too (i think at least).
Dunya means something like 'world' and 'for everyone', and on an other site
I found 'all embracing'.

Dunya is starting to get used to being here, she still thinks me and my
boyfriend Erwin are really scary, but she does take veggies from us, and
right now she sleeping in her new house (borrowed from Guiny) with her eyes
closed, so she must at least feel safe around us! I'm glad, today she did
not get floortime, i think its better for her to first get used to her new
surroundings and then really get to know Guiny and Lotje. Also as I told you
before she is really fast, and picking her up so to put her on the floor is
really hard because she is so fast and she wheeks at the top of her longs
when we try to catch her! I like it that she is so vocal, Guiny hardly ever
makes sounds and Lotje does the occasional wheeking. But Dunya is so much
louder! I'm happy with that, it took guiny almost 2 years before she really
started to make sounds let alone wheeking!

Many greetings and wheeks,
Mikey, Lotje, Guiny and newbie Dunya. Ow by the way, did I tell you Dunya is
about 7 months old? she was born somewhere in spring this year... But she
still seems small compared to my other 1200 grammes Piggies.

Mpstaaks at emxn.com
pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com

Blog: http://pandameisje.hyves.nl