[Gpdd] [GPDD} HEALTH bladder stone

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Dec 13 12:27:47 EST 2006

Sorry to read about Mishy's problems. My vet charges £25 for an Xray but I
think that vets in England pretty well charge whatever they like and so few
of them know anything about Guinea Pigs.

Before seeing the vet again call the Cambridge Cavy Trust. Here is Vedra's
number 07721026401. If you can text her, you are more likely to get an
answer as the line is always busy. She will be able to tell you what to do
next.

Alternatively call Chris and Titch at Cavies Castle. They are my
Rodentologists and live near Hastings in East Sussex, which may be too far
away for you but they know more about guinea pigs than anyone that I have
ever met and will be able to give you lots of advice. People visit them from
all over the UK. I was at their house yesterday and Chris was telling me
about different meds for piggies with stones. An operation may eventually be
needed but do find out about all the options first. Cavies Castle's number
is 01424427260 ( mobile for emergencies is 07789643780 ). They have an
answerphone for when they are out.

It is always Chris who answers the phone. Tell her that Penny suggested that
you call her.

I hope that someone knows of a competent vet in your area.

Best of luck,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.