[Gpdd] [SILLY]<LAPS questions>

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 05:29:27 EST 2006

Hi all,
We have been following the LAPS posts with great amusement. And I was just
curious. I was raised with the kilograms system and those lbs and oz puzzle
me greatly (sorry, i feel so stupid). So I have some questions (maybe a good
job for Juliet the president? Or do you guys have someone special for this
job? Maybe you can see this as an interview by the dutch piggy
news?)...ehm..okay, let's do this as an interview..

Cough..congratulations with your new club, we have been following it with
great interest from abroad. Some of us aspire to be members but we fear we
are not heavy enough so we, the winky girls, would like to ask some
questions.

1. how do you pronounce lbs? Somehow ell-bee-ess sounds silly.

2. How do the lbs relate to the oz (ounce??) We did a quick search on the
internet and we are utterly confused. In the kg system, 1 kg is is a 1000
grams. we found that 16 oz is 1 lbs?? You guys must be so good at maths
because ours brains make noise when we try to think like this.
(we found that 1 lbs is 0.453 kg (453 grams) and 1 oz is about 28
grams(0.028kg), so roughly speaking as a quick reminder for us when we're
reading your posts, 1 lb is half a kg and 1 oz is 1/3 kg?)(just to add,
because you naturally think the other way around, 1 kg is 2.2 lbs and 10
grams is 3,5 oz)

3. Is 3.3 lbs different from 3 lbs and 3 oz? We guess it is, but we want to
make sure.
3.3 lbs = 1497 gr
3 lbs + 3 oz = 1361 gr + 85 gr =  1446 gr
Is this correct?? How do your scales look like? do they use the lbs or oz or
both??

4. Are at least the UK, US, Canada and Australia on the same system??(for
wheight) We would get headaches if we had to take that in account too.(we're
not sure about canada, those french might have taken their system with them)

5. What is the wheight range so far? (who is your heaviest piggie and who is
the least heaviest?) and what is the average wheight in the LAPS?

6. Do you take length in account and eh leanness???(how muscular you are)
For example, one can be heavy like arnold schwarzenegger or less heavy but
still fatter like danny de vito.

7. Do you get extra points for love handles (pigs have love handles in their
arm pits/front paw pits), dragging bellies and underchin's?

8. Do you have some tips for aspiring members?

Thank you so much for this interview!
Lots of greetings from
the winky girls and Janneke