[Gpdd] [HEALTH] regarding Chip

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Dec 15 12:39:21 EST 2006

I was about to reply to your post when Carole's message arrived so I will
just echo her words ( but in smaller letters! )

The drugs will probably have different names in the US but my rodentologists
use an injection of Lasix ( a diuretic ) together with dexadresson ( an
anti-inflammatory ) and bisolvon ( a mucolytic ). It is the Lasix which is
vital in removing fluid from the lungs.

In tablet form, we have Frusemide and Bendrofluazide in England. Half a
tablet can save a piggy's life.

If you can buy it, Bisolvon powder, which comes in a little sachet, is a
great standby for piggies with breathing problems. You dissolve a pinch in a
little water and syringe it in.

Keeping our paws crossed for little Chip.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.