[Gpdd] Announcement: Charlie and Chester, Jolly Rodents received their gifts!! & THANKS!

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Fri Dec 15 23:26:36 EST 2006

Hi All,

     I'm still battling this prolonged pneumonia + thing, but am so much
better than a month ago. I'm doing IV antibiotics and meds at home yet, but I'm
really glad I made the decision to come home when I did. For a week I couldn't
leave my bedroom (here -- 02 level would drop so low) and I even slept with my
overhead light on for a couple nights if there was no one around to turn it
off. (At the hospital I could have pushed a buzzer for that, but I liked it
better here -- bright night light and all!) Seriously, I truly couldn't make it
even to the light switch. But still, I am glad that I made the decision to come
back   home. And help is always as close as 911! Plus, I do have daytime help.
Couldn't have managed it without   my home health people.

     That being said, I really have come a long way in recovering!! It's in
looking back from here that I get real clarity into how sick I was. So I'm very
grateful.

     Now, all the above is both reason and excuse for not getting cards out,
emails written, thank yous expressed, etc. The holiday season actually lasts
to Jan 1st, doesn't it?

     Chester and Charlie sent their gifts out this past Tuesday priority mail
but their momma here forgot to give them their Chrsitmas cards to include.
Chester is so tickled that Willie and his mommma liked their gifts and we hope
that Charlie's gift has also arrived. I still can't spend time at the computer
(or even on the phone) for long so I'm still not reading gpdd's or anything
except for maybe one here or there.

     Charlie and Chester have both very happily received their packages -- on
the same day that they sent their -- Tuesday. Happy GP's and a happy Momma
who peeked!   : )   They (we) want to thank their (our) Secret Santas and send
enthusiastic whoops and wheeeeks!

     Thank you from me for those who sent offers to help in some way, sent
cards, etc. I have been very touched and I think those good vibes help in
recovery. Jan, thank you for the little unique little cutie you sent, and Mary Fran
-- thanks for your offer to read me the digests. I'd thank more of you but I
need to sign off.

God bless and thanks,

Alge and the Jolly Rodents, Chester and Charlie