[Gpdd] SILLY: LAPS

Ginger Fitzsimmons matildalucet at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 18 00:08:19 EST 2006

Mike T. Pig weighed in this evening at a little over 1600 grams. His
Daddy Slave was astonished! I'm thinking I might have to cut back on
his carrots again. (I used to eat half his baby carrot - yum! - before
giving it to him, but was worried that he might be losing weight. Hah!)
That boar eats all of his food and goes after the neighbor's. I think
he belongs in LAPS.

Butterscotch J. Furpants is just shy of 1300 grams, so does not
qualify. He does his best, but that Mike would eat all his food too if
he could get to it. Butterscotch became more slender at midyear and has
never really fattened up again, though *I* think 1300 grams is nothing
to sneeze at. He is addicted to Critical Care as a snack once or twice
a day. Thanks to Leah's good example, I make sure he takes 10cc of
water twice a day too which I think has helped him be perkier when his
weight is unstable. He cries out when he pees sometimes, but I'm not
entirely sure whether that's pain or an announcement of what he sees as
an achievement since (a) he doesn't do it all the time, and (b) he just
about always does it when he's peeing on somebody's lap. Daddy Slave
has started him on shilintong once a day, just in case. We've lived
with a stone pig in the past.

So, in conclusion, one more pig for LAPS, one in training. :-)

-ginger
Melrose MA
slave to Butterscotch J. Furpants and Mike T. Pig
remembering Clover Bud and Niles Cougar