[Gpdd] Health: Archie

Julie juwles at optusnet.com.au
Mon Dec 18 06:24:20 EST 2006

Well folks, another emergency diverted.... my dearest Archie is good as
new!      He's back to his cheeky, cute, cuddly, snuggly self, and his
Master is over the moon!      I don't want anything for Christmas - just
my piggies.

He was so keen for his Critical Care - he kept snootling my hand say put
the next syringe in mummy, please!    He slept with mummy last night in
his pigloo, covered up for privacy, and this morning when I finally hit
the sack (about 3.30am), I put in some parsley, some fresh picked
organically grown grass, some tomato, bran & dry food and when we
(Archie & I) woke this morning he'd eaten all his grass, parsley &
tomato and was having a great snack on the dry food.

I'll tell my secret guess as to what the reason for his poisoning
was.... It was totally an innocent accident, but a lesson well learnt.
My sister had been about to buy more pig pellets (food) and saw this
packet of cat litter in pellet form, checked it was all organic, no
silica and it looked the same as the pig pellets.    So, she bought that
and substituted it for their real eating pellets.   I only found out the
night Archie became sick - but couldn't yell at her because she'd done
it innocently - but if Archie had died I would have rung her neck!
(LOL!)      I'm positive that must have been the reason, they've eaten
nothing different (apart from kitty litter) or done anything different.

Thank you to every piggy slave who have sent kind messages, their
sympathy, E-cards of good wishes.. it all worked!!!

God Bless to all at GPDD
Julie, Archie, Dougall, Angus, Hamish
Teddy, Muppet forever in my soul