[Gpdd] health concern

Ruth Leibowitz dr.leibq at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 18 11:48:26 EST 2006

For Debi, who was wondering about what to do for your dear elderly piggy
towards the end of her life:  Perhaps other digesters will have other ideas,
but I'm wondering if your piggy may be in pain even if she is eating, and if
there is a pain medication you could give her in small amounts that would
not make her groggy but minimize any pain she has.  My understanding is that
prey animals such as guinea pigs do not tend to let others know when they
are in pain, so her pain may be silent.

The other idea I have -- but it may be expensive -- is that some vets do
house calls.  If you know in advance that you will euthanize her soon so
that she does not suffer very much and if you can plan it out, I wonder if
your vet would be willing to do a house call so that your piggy would be
able to stay in her home environment with you?

Just a few ideas for what they are worth.

Ruth in Portland

friends module.