[Gpdd] HEALTH (re Mishy's bladder stone)

dannyto fai at dannyandpip.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 18 18:53:35 EST 2006

Just an update on Mishy's condition.  He is seeing the recommended vet on Thursday and will probably have the op then.  I have spoken to the vet, and he knows his stuff really well.

I'm trying to feed Mishy  up, but he is generally uncooperative.  I've got hold of some Oxbow Cavy Cuisine which I mix with water.  He seems quite interested in licking it off a small wooden stick, but loses interest after a while. And I have syringed some down him but its hard.  I've put the dry pellets in his bowl, but he totally ignores them.  He's eating hay, and lots of grass and cucumber.  At least he hasn't lost any weight, but not gained any either.

Although he is still walking  around and sniffing at things, you can tell the poor baby is in pain when he 'poos and pees'.  Sometimes there is a pinkish tinge in the urine.  He seems like he is urinating a lot, which is not so bad is it?  - as I thought it was dangerous if they are not able to urinate.

He is having Metacam drops for pain relief and he seems to love the taste of this and chases after the bottle.  I hope I don't end up with a junkie piggie!

I got the x-rays from the local vet and they say its a loan and they want them back afterwards.  Why what are they going to do with them???  I think I might 'forget' to return them.

Feeling quite nervous about Thursday, but I know its the only thing to be done.

Thanks for all your previous messages.

Catherine