[Gpdd] misc: dunya's weight and peter gurney books

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue Dec 19 11:03:39 EST 2006

I would not worry about Dunya's weight if she is otherwise healthy. She
looks wonderful in her pigtures. Now that she is in a settled home with lots
of love and treats she should soon put on weight naturally. When she becomes
brave enough not to need to hide in her cage she will eat more. Your weight
conversion is OK. I like the GuineaLynx weight conversion chart because I
only understand pounds and ounces and find it useful when people are
discussing their piggy's weight.

I love all of Peter Gurney's books. As I have mentioned on more than one
occasion ( please forgive me dear digesters!! ) I rate his Piggy Potions
book highly. It has lots of home remedies for illnesses and practical
information on recognising them. His "Proper Care of Guinea Pigs" is
excellent, even if you know everything about piggies already and has loads
of wonderful pigtures of piggies that he owned.

As you write such excellent English, you will have no trouble in reading
them.

I love to see all of your's and Janneke's pigtures. Thank you for sharing
them.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.