[Gpdd] [GPDD] Misc: Prayer for the Animals

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 17:03:55 EST 2006

I can't remember exactly where I found this, maybe on Cavy Spirit, but I thought
  it would be nice to read this time of year. In fact, I'm going to copy it and put it
  up . . . enjoy!  (if anyone has any similar poems, prayers, please share!)

  “Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends, the animals, especially for animals who are suffering; For animals that are overworked, underfed and cruelly treated; For all wistful creatures in captivity that beat their wings against bars; For any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry; For all that must be put to death. We entreat for them all thy mercy and pity, and for those who deal with them, we ask a heart of compassion and gentle hands and kindly words. Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals, and so to share the blessings of the merciful.”   ~Albert Schweitzer

  The Okie Piggies & Susi ,
  sending Piggie Prayers for all our friends
  Happy New Year!