[Gpdd] [CARE] regarding housing

lost nvegas lostnvegas68 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 23:15:52 EST 2006

Rachel,
  I have three gp's on the floor in pens. Each one is in a 2 x 3 pen, because they don't get along. I bought a piece of linoleum from Home Depot that was 6'x9' (about $30) and then put towels down. I have about 20-30 towels I use for their pens. (I use 2-3 at a time per pen and get the cheaper ones from Walmart) It is a little expensive to start out with, but saves money in the long run. The cleaning is so much easier than when I had permanent pens set up. I use the cage squares that are recommended for C & C and connect them with ties. As I clean each one, I move that piggie to a temporary cage. I shake their towels out and then put them in the wash. You know you are a slave when your gp's have their own brand of laundry detergent. haha.....I have used the water and vinegar and also the cleaning spray the pet store to wash the linoleum with. Soap and water should work fine also. I also have a Dirt Devil (the cheaper one under $20) that I use only for the gp pens. I use
 this once or twice a week for spot cleaning and the piggies stay in the pens as I do this. They don't like it much, but it is not on very long either. I hope this helps somewhat......

  Gwen and The Boys from Las Vegas...
  Comet, Alf and Chip.....