[Gpdd] [HEALTH] New diagnostic book by Cambridge Cavy Trust

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Sun Dec 31 07:22:25 EST 2006

Dear all

I am a member of the Cambridge Cavy Trust and I have just received their
latest newsletter.  Vedra Stanley-Spatcher (who runs CCT) has just written a
book called The Diagnostic Guide to Rodents.  It will be for sale early
spring 2007, and can only be purchased via CCT or BAR.  The newsletter
says:-

"This book is ideal for vets as it contains information relating to
operations and anaesthia, specific symptoms of disease, safe and effective
drugs and the appropriate rodent dose tables."

I have read GPDD for a time now, and, as we all seem to have had problems
with our vets knowing quite how to treat a guinea pig at some time or
another, and indeed to help us recognise what might be wrong if our piggies
should get ill, I thought you all might like to know about this book being
'out there'.

You can get an early copy, and need to email Richard Barber at
Richard at rodentology.co.uk to find out how to order.

It may be that they can send overseas as well, I don't know, but would have
thought it is possible.

There's other articles in the newsletter that I will get round to copying
and posting on GPDD, as they are such helpful pieces with information in
gp's health.

Have a great 2007.  Carole