[Gpdd] CARE: housing for travel

Moxie and Nexus moxie17 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 1 20:35:03 EST 2006

Hi,

  I was looking for something more convenient that would fit two pigs to travel.  I have pet taxis, but I want something that they can stay in for a day or two.  I have one of those guinea pig cages the stores sell that I can put Chuckie in.  I've used that before.  I have another cage, but it's kind of bulky.  I was thinking of maybe a big rubbermaid or sterilite container with the lid off.  I have not seen one with high enough sides or the right dimensions that would make a good pen.

  Have any of you used any containers with any success? This will only be temporary housing for a one or two day trip.  They have a big pen at home.

  Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

  Our condolences to those who have lost precious pigs.

  Sending get well wishes to Albert and Brownie Bear.

Moxie, Nexus, Smudge, Ziggy, and Chuckie
God Bless America
In God We Trust