[Gpdd] Behavior: Guinea Pig doesn't squeak

Maren Fouts magbfouts at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 08:01:58 EST 2006

Jennifer,

I wouldn't worry too much.  When we got Rosie it took her months to make
happy piggy noises loud enough for us to hear well.  To this day I've only
heard her wheek once (actually about 2 weeks ago) and it wasn't a pleasant
thing.

The noises all come down to the personality of the pig, I think.  I'm
willing to bet that a year from now you'll be asking him to keep it down.
I've noticed it can take up to a year for a pig to come out of their shell
entirely and be perfectly comfortable with their new home.

If Samsen is eating and seems to be content (I would take the begging for
treats as a good sign) I wouldn't worry.  Just cuddle him lots and let him
know that you aren't going to eat him and he will turn into the bundle of
personality I know all pigs can be.

I hope this helped.
Piggy Kisses,
Maren, Rosie, and Charlie