[Gpdd] [gpdd] CARE: How to play...

Roberta Kjesrud windpixie47 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 12:44:26 EST 2006

 I agree that pigs need something to be curious about.  They enjoy problem-solving, I think.  They also enjoy running in circular or figure eight patterns.  I have two shoe boxes for them to run through.  But rather than cutting out each end entirely, I only cut half an opening.  At the other end of the box, I cut out the opposite half.  They have to zig and zag to get through.  This is quite a game.

Hiding treats around where they have to figure out how to get them is also a good play lure.  I have strung a toilet paper tube stuffed with hay between a couple of pieces of furniture.  The tube floats along the string, so just when they get it, the tube moves.  My husband also tried a carrot on a string.  He'd pull the string so she'd chase the carrot around.  He tried that with baby Spritz when she was just a month old, and she puzzled over that for the longest time.  Momma just never taught her what to do about the LIVE carrots!  The struggle went on for a couple of hours.  Eventually, she got a hold of the string, bit it in two and stalked off with the carrot.  Victory!  It was a hoot!

Roberta
Slave to Cocoa, Izzie and Pixie (all passed) and Spritz (2 months young)