[Gpdd] Care- How to play in winter

ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 2 21:16:38 EST 2006

      Hi! I have some suggestions about playing indoors.
      I have some of those grid squares that you click together (http://www.cavycages.com/cubes.htm go here and scroll down to the cube section in case you don't know what I am talking about). So, what I did was I built a little area for them. I put down some towels for bedding and I put in all kinds of fun bits for them to play with.
      I have this old wicker place mat that I curled and clipped with a plastic clip that you use to seal bags of chips and stuff: viola! Instant tube. I have used oatmeal tubes as well and just cut off the sealed end. They love to run through these and Blacky likes to push them around.
      I also folded up a towel and put a small bathroom stool over it and covered it with a towel to make a pigloo/pee pee area for my girls.
      For fun, I shredded up some paper and scattered it over the area so they could burrow and dive through it. They adore that crunchy sound that happens when furry bellies collide with paper shreddings.
      And I save toys that they normally don't get for All Floor Day (which is what I call days when I do this). Things like there little hay bus (it rolls when they try to get some, so they giggle and run after it), musical cow bells, and snuggly pouch are too big for their normal cage, so they are always very excited to see them on All Floor Day.
      Now, keep in mind, your babies might be a little freaked at first. After all, it is a new area. Just keep it calm in the room and give them a few minutes to realize that they are not going to have to face the evil Floor Demon (vaccum cleaner) and they'll go nuts in no time.
      Let me know how it goes!
                                  Fun for All,
                      Amber, Blacky & Pooky