[Gpdd] (Behavior) Re: Quiet Pig

Marty trails18 at alltel.net
Fri Feb 3 21:44:00 EST 2006

I have had four guinea pigs and they've all had various volume settings. ;)  My first piggy, Winnie, only made noise during lap time. He would also respond to music with a little purr.  Blaze, my second one, occasionally wheeked very quietly- it was barely a wheek!

I currently have two guinea guys, Sid and TIger.  Sid is very talkative.  He wheeks when someone in the house is in the kitchen, he wheeks when someone comes in the house with a plastic bag, he wheeks when I open a pop can...I think he associates pop with food! Tiger is very quiet, although maybe I'd hear him if Sid wasn't so loud. I think I've heard a separate wheek coming from Tiger but I'm not sure. Tiger is also a music purr-er. :)

No matter how loud the pig, they all have non-verbal ways of communicating.  I love the little thing they do where they almost stand up, begging for food.

Happy wheeks (or not),
Marty with piggies Sid & Tiger

(Winnie & Blaze are waiting at the Bridge.)