[Gpdd] Behaviour: Are sows more affectionate or boars?

EVE BLACKE shiksachick at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:45:19 EST 2006

Hi to all pigs and piggie-lovers,

I've only ever had boy pigs until a couple of weeks ago.  Agnes was a piggie
'on sale' at a local petstore with one eye crusted shut.  I couldn't bring
myself to leave her there so I brought her home.  And I am soooo glad that I
did.  She has been tame from the get-go and she is a complete snuggler that
has stolen my heart.  She is such a gentle little thing and makes the
tiniest wheeks and squeeks during cuddle time.  My question is this:  Are
sows in general more affectionate?  Hamlet and Ophelia (my boy pig with a
girl's name) never really like to be handled except for bathtime.
Paddington lets me cuddle him for short periods of time.  I have yet to hit
a threshold with Agnes....she stretches out her front feet and yawns like a
cat and snuggles in for more.  She kicks her back legs out and just relaxes
beside me.  I end up putting her back because I think I must be reaching her
bladder-holding limit, but I'm sure she'd let me cuddle her longer!

What's everyone else's experience?  Is there a difference in affection
between boys and girls?  Or did I just luck out with the snuggliest pig
ever?

Eve along with Paddington the leaper, Hamlet and Ophelia the old boys and
Agnes the snugglebug