[Gpdd] Misc..Cheap entertainment

James Lynn jimmarg.lynn at juno.com
Wed Feb 8 08:39:20 EST 2006

A few days ago I was out in my apple orchard pruning the trees.  I
brought an apple branch (about one meter long)  in to give to my piggers
for something to nibble on.  Well..........they thought that was about
the most stupid thing that they had ever seen.  (some of my former guinea
pigs loved to chew on apple branches)  My piggers looked at me as if to
say:  "What are you thinking?"   After completely ignoring the apple
branch for a couple of days, I placed it across the corner of their pen
with each end stuck into the wire mesh.  The branch was about 12 inches
above the floor of the cage.  I then hung some folded newspapers over the
branch so it formed a tent.  NOW....the piggers were interested.  They
sniffed, they looked, they tasted the paper, they discussed it between
themselves, they discussed it with me, one would hide and then the other
would chase it out of the tent and then it would hide.  This went on for
hours.  I just sat and enjoyed the whole show.  Cheap entertainment!!!

Jim.......Ginger and Olivia