[Gpdd] Silly- Children are Guinea Pigs

ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 8 13:49:40 EST 2006

    Hello and wheeks! I was just reading over Jim, Ginger and Olivia's post about the apple branch tent and was laughing out loud enough to wake all of my napping babies (furry and not furry alike). Guinea pigs are so like children, I've found.
    1. You can buy them the most expensive, impressive, and huge toy on the market and you know those little buggers would much rather play with the bubble wrap and boxes than what you are spending hours putting together.
    2. When they get bored, they start to get into all sorts of trouble. ie: a Guinea thinks to herself, "There's nothing to do. I've already played with everything in my room. *sigh* Bored, bored, bored.... hey, what happens when I do this with my water bottle? *SQUIRT* Cool! I think I'll do it again!" Just insert "toilet" in the place of "water bottle" and the situation works for kids too.
    3. Guinea cage mates, much like human siblings, inadvertently and with no prior warning, will hurt one another. Blacky will be sitting there, minding her own business, when all of a sudden Pooky will bite her butt! Out of no where! Just like when I was little my sister and I would sit watching cartoons and I would grab the nearest pillow and knock her one right across her head. For no reason other than she was breathing my air.
    4. They whine for food they really don't want. How many times have you gone into the fridge for a lovely glass of lemonade and the little furry devils start squeaking out meal orders like a waitress to the kitchen crew? "I'll have a  veggie cocktail, hold the peppers, with a strawberry yogurt smoothy for here, Mom!" And in that same moment, you hear your child saying, "Moooooommy, I want a popsicle, pleeeeease" in their sing-songy way that sounds amazingly like wheeking. And when you bring them the food they'll taste it but it will ultimately end up forgotten.
    5. It would kill them to keep their rooms clean. I have cleaned both my guineas' cage and my daughter's room in one afternoon. Everything was organized and tidy. By the time dinner was on the table, both areas were trashed!
    6. They torment one another. I'll have the guineas in their floor pen and I'll have to scold Aurora for bothering them and not letting them play. Well, as soon as she walks away, both of the furry devils come out and start wheeking at her as if to say, "Nah, nah! Mommy yelled at you!" Can you believe it?
    So, in closing, I'm doomed. :) But at least I only have one college tuition to pay for.
                            Love, Amber: Guinea Slave to the Max!