[Gpdd] (Health) Re: Wilson losing weight

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 16:04:01 EST 2006

Alge,
  If Wilson is eating and drinking normally, then he's probably okay. I know an unusual change in drinking (i.e. drinking much more than normal) can be a sign of diabetes. I think pigs do seem to lose a bit of weight as they get older--I've noticed this in all my older pigs. If it's a huge and rapid weight loss, then I'd get him to the vet. Peter Gurney talks about "wasting disease" in one of his books, where the pig suddenly and inexplicably starts to lose weight and continues to lose weight until they just get too sick to live. I've never had this happen to one of mine, though.

  Stacy and the Squee Squad