[Gpdd] [MISC]<Lovesick Jan>

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 05:15:15 EST 2006

Hi All,
Just a quick update on Jan.(he went to the vet a few days ago for teeth
problems and not gaining enough weight and was diagnosed as lovesick; help
i've got a vet with a sense of humor ;-) as a solution the vet suggested
neutering him)
Well, Jan really got my hint. Since the vet's visit, whenever i walk into
the room he rushes towards his pellet bowl and starts muching on his food.
Same with the veggies... cucumber..gone....cicory..gone etc. And while
eating he gives me this adorable look "see mommy, i have no interest in
girls....I loooove food so please don't take me to see that man again!". By
the way, i'm not sure if i want neutering advise (sorry mikey, i did really
appreciate your email on my behalf). I did a lot of reading about it and
followed the discussion other people had on this list.I also interrogated my
vet.I think i have all pro's and con's. Now i just have to think.
btw bird bucky has gone home, after the first week it got a lot better and
bucky even got hooked on watching the piggies play (GP-tv). I never let them
out at the same time and i kept a very clear strict structure in what
happened and when. Also our daily apple routine really helped. This bird (i
don't know anything about other birds) learns about hierarchy-order by
watching eating order, so i would eat apple first, then the piggies and then
bucky.
I am sooo looking forward to tomorrow :-D
Grtz and wkz
Janneke from the winky girls