[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Adrian

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Thu Feb 16 05:43:04 EST 2006

I know I don't send enough condolences when piggies go to the Bridge,
although I always post obituaries for my own piggies when they go there, and  would
be hurt if no one bothered to send condolences to me. I have to admit, I
often skip the "Rainbow Bridge" posts because they always make me cry - I know,  I
am a coward. They also remind me of the mortality of my own piggies, and that
 I still have to endure this heartbreak another 17 times. So it is easier for
me  to skip them, although for the grieving slave I know that is the most
unkind  thing I could do. I also feel it unfair to send condolences for some
piggies and  not for others - all are equal, all break their slaves' hearts, all
slaves seek  the comfort of knowing others out here understand. But as I'd
never find time to  send condolences for all, I tend not to send condolences for
any by name - I  just tag general condolences on to the end of any posts I
make. The lazy way  out, for which I apologise.

This said, I couldn't help identifying particularly with Kay's tragic post
about Adrian. I think it reminded me so much of my most recently lost piggie,
Red Dandy, who was also syringe fed for a long time and liked a snuggle on a
shoulder afterwards. I think the process of syringe feeding strengthens the
already powerful bond between piggie and slave, so that the pair become almost
mutually dependent - I experienced this with Red Dandy's precious little
sister,  Cherub, as well, the 3rd anniversary of whose death is almost upon us.

Red Dandy also had dental problems, although the rodentologists who were
with him when he died did point out to me that often the dental problems are
indicative of a more serious underlying health problem. This underlying  problem
discourages the piggie from eating hay, so the teeth are not ground down  by
the hay and become overgrown, then the piggie can't eat, and it becomes a
vicious circle.

Anyway, Kay, I just want to express my condolences to you on your tragic
loss. We can all tell from your obituary that he was a very special piggie, and
you gave him the greatest gift of all by allowing him to slip away painlessly
and by being with him until the very end. I never tell slaves that the pain
wil  go away, because I honestly don't think it does. We have to believe that
these  little creatures go on to something far better - we know that is nothing
more  than they deserve - and I can't help believing that where the bond of
love is so  very strong, we must get reunited with them at some future point.

I do tag on condolences to everyone else currently suffering the pain of
bereavement or of nursing a very sick piggie - my heart particularly goes out to
Jaime and Albert. When I read these heart-wrenching tales, I can't help
feeling  angry that there still doesn't seem to be enough effective veterinary
knowledge  out there to help these little pals when they become ill.

Hugs to all - even if I don't send my condolences every time, you must know
that I feel for you, and I feel quite positive that there is a silent majority
 of gpdd-ers out there who feel exactly the way I do, and share your loss
with  you even though we do not take the time and trouble to express it.

I don't know if it would help, but somewhere in the archives is a funeral
song I wrote for Red Dandy when he died - you might get a sliver of comfort by
singing it to piggies leaving for the Bridge.

Debbie