[Gpdd] HEALTH: Shakespeare

Anna Coppedge annac at colledgeloans.com
Fri Feb 24 11:42:59 EST 2006

Dear piggies, slaves, & friends:

Shakespeare is having surgery right now as I type.
Yesterday, I noticed he was acting odd when I woke up.
He kept wheeking at me even after he had food, hay, water and veggies.
He would not stop wheeking, and he is not a loud consistent wheeker.
Well, I checked everything I could on him.
I referenced all the digest entries that I could- It was nothing that I
physically could find.
I took him to the vet - she gave him a Vitamin C shot and told me to
watch him closely.
Well, after constantly watching him,
I realized that when he tried to urinate he wheeked the loudest.
He had lost interest in water....
so I had to syringe small amounts through the night to him to keep him
hydrated,
but too much because by then I knew what was wrong.
I knew he had to have a stone and I prepared myself that the only way to
get it out was surgery.

I called the vet, told them I was bringing him in and that they needed
to do a X-ray on him immediately.
Sure enough they found a BB sized stone blocking him from urinating.
They had to operate.

I took some pictures with him this morning right before I took him in
because I know how risky surgery is...

The 2 points in this entry:
1) Please pray for Shakespeare's surgery and recovery.
2) Thank you. All of you. I may not write in all the time, but I do read
as many as I can.
Your willingness to share your lives and the joys/trials/tribulations
has helped me daily with my pigs.
Please know that you have my deepest gratitude no matter the outcome of
the surgery.
I knew what to do because I had the best resource. - the Guinea Pig
Daily Digest

Sincerely,
Anna Coppedge, slave to Mozart and Shakespeare