[Gpdd] (Misc) Oxbow and 4-H

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 22:32:53 EST 2006

Lisa,
  I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with Oxbow. I've never had to deal with a person there very often, but they have been nothing but nice to me. When I wrote a testimonial to their website about the Cavy Performance that I was feeding Scooter and how he was thriving on it, they wrote me an e-mail and asked if they could use my comments in one of their brochures. Maybe the lady was just having a bad day (not good for company PR, I know).

  As for 4-H, I think they (used to be) basically a way to teach children how to properly raise and care for farm animals. I used to actually know what each of the 4 "H"s stood for, but I forgot that along with all the algebra I ever learned! I remember seeing their displays of cows, pigs, chickens and rabbits at the county fairs when I was growing up but I didn't know they now have the kids raising guinea pigs. That's too bad.
  It's disturbing when guineas and other exotics are deemed "disposable", as opposed to other pets like cats and dogs.

  Is there someone else out there who can comment on 4-H? I'm just speaking about it as an outsider.

  Stacy and the Squee Squad, who are much too regal and important to be display animals : )