[Gpdd] Behavior - introducing two guinea pigs

Elly Takaki elftak2003 at yahoo.ca
Sat Feb 25 21:41:35 EST 2006

Hello!

I was just looking for information on introducing two female piggies. My one female, Caramel has been alone since her friend died, about 2 years ago. As I was busy with my babies (human babies that is) I didn't get a companion for her until a week ago. So far, the new piggie seems very aggressive towards her and Caramel just chatters at her. I've been trying to slowly introduce them, but when I put them in the same cage, the new piggie actually chased Caramel all around so I took her out right away.

Is there any hope of them becoming friends and wanting to share a cage?

Elly