[Gpdd] [CARE] comment on small child

MEYER DAVID maverik71 at msn.com
Sun Feb 26 13:53:59 EST 2006

I have three children at present. Our youngest that we are in the process of adopting is two. We call him Monster for a very good reason. We watch him very close around the piggies because he tends to yell . He loves them sooooo much. So we try to let him do things and he is so proud when he does. He feeds them carrots at times. We let him hold them  ( he is sitting and we are by him). The other day , I had him holding my Cali. He was watching Blues Clues and petting her. They both sat there like angels.
So to cut to the chase-- I think a guinea pig would be a great family pet. Your four year old can help with everything.  Guinea pigs can be held , they purr like a cat, and can be takin outside in warm weather. For my kids they like all those reason and that they are not so small like a hamster.

Take your time picking out your piggy . Find one that fits well with you. Check out rescues. Babies are great but could be too energetic. Try holding some year or two year olds.

Hope this helps.
Eleanor