[Gpdd] Announcement: In Memoriam Shakespeare

Anna Coppedge annac at colledgeloans.com
Tue Feb 28 12:38:33 EST 2006

Dear GPDD family:

It is with great sadness and grief that I write.
It has taken me this long to actually be able to type this out.
After a call from the vet saying Shakespeare came through surgery
and was waking up, I decided to go visit him. About 3 hours after the
surgery,
I was on my way to the vets office when I got the dreaded call.
Shakespeare had passed away.
The vet thinks that the stress of everything was the final straw for my
poor baby.

It was horrible. I sobbed and nursed a broken heart all Friday night.
I had to drive to Dallas after stopping by the vets for work.
I actually had to pull over mid-trip because the torrential rain
and my inability to stop crying was making it dangerous to drive.
My sweet sweet Shakespeare. He was a gentle soul. After saving him from
the home of
friend that was a neglectful owner he came into my life with piggie
kisses. He became the
much needed friend and brother for my first and original pig, Mozart.
Although, they
detested sharing cages they loved being able to have races in their own.
They had a grid partition
between them so they could talk, nose nuzzle, and cause trouble
together.
Shakespeare loved to hide and throw boxes across his cage. He was my
beautiful pig.
With his pitch black long soft Peruvian locks he always was the guinea
pig people ahhhh over.
He was so handsome with his "hippie hair-do." He also loved to lay on my
chest with me and
have his nose scratched and a full body rub down. He never caused me
problems when I held him
or did the normal grooming routine.

What breaks my heart the most is that Mozart is still looking for
Shakespeare.
Rattling the bars, running back and forth along the partition, "calling"
for his best friend.
"To sleep! perchance to dream:--ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come..." Hamlet
Little Shakespeare may you sweet dreams of hay and carrots and know that
you were loved.
Anna
-Sorry this was so long