[Gpdd] MISC: Holiday blessings amongst the crises

Lisa Choiniere lmchoiniere at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 1 14:30:06 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

  Amidst all of the crises we had going on with Russell-roni and his bladder stones right before Christmas and of course Rudy, my cat, and his bladder stones the same week I had a few blessings I wanted to share.

  First, a few weeks ago Jim, the proud slave of Ginger and Olivia sent me this email asking me what kind of veggies I feed my whole rescue herd. This was all under the pretense that his girls only ate one or two things so he told me and I was trying to give him ideas about what persnickety piggers mihgt like. So I went on and on about what my babies love to eat and then Jim calls and says he has presents for my piggers and when can he and his wife stop by? They come over with like FIVE grocery bags full of produce which was exactly everything that my babies loved right down to the specific type of apples (Pink Lady)! That night my piggers had quite a meal and were all fat and happy and slept for hours after! I think the term is "food coma!" So Jim, thank you so very much. My whole gang was very pleased!!

  Then a young couple had called me not long ago. They had lost one of their pigs and had decided that instead of getting another, they wanted to help a rescue and foster so they had called me to ask if I needed any help. It was very exciting to have them come on board. They took a pair of my boys with them, Roy and Ziggy, and are going to be working on socializing Zig-Zig a little more.

  I also do have the best vet. He was pretty crushed about losing Russell too and was beating himself up just like we were. Since my cat had surgery this past week too, he has given me his home phone number in case of crisis instead of making me call the emergency clinic where I question the medicine they practice.

  Last year, I adopted out over thirty guinea pigs and I still keep in touch with almost all of my adopters and know how my babies are doing. So I am pleased to know the piggers I took in and loved, will always be loved. There is no better feeling than that.

  Happy New Year everyone! Take care...

  Lisa and the gang at Wheeks and Squeaks GP Rescue
  Murray, Chewie, Mr. Zippy, Russell, and Jack in mem