[Gpdd] (Misc) Miss Piggy has a new name

SCOTT KLING bugsmom33 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 3 23:45:57 EST 2006

Hello All!

  We've been out of town since Christmas and I just got all caught up with my laundry and piggy digest (at the same time!).

  It really breaks my heart to read about all the lost babies. I am so very sorry for all of you. The tributes that were written were so heartfelt and beautiful, I actually cried for quite a few of them even though I really don't know any of you. I know that losing a four legged friend is very hard - been there too many times myself. And I know I will go through it many more times before my time is up. The only way to avoid the pain is to not let them into our hearts - and lets face it - that's just not going to happen! When my cat (Muffie) died and I felt that I couldn't take a breath without hurting, my best (human) friend asked me this great question- "If you knew 13 years ago that you would hurt this much, would you still have brought her into your life?" My answer was - YES! My dog is 14 and for a collie/St Bernard that's very old. I know this was her last Christmas with me, I hurt already. When we brought Miss Piggy in I knew ahead of time that in 5 or 6 years my sweet little
 boy will have his heart broken. Why do we do this?

  Because it's worth it.

  To all of you who have lost your sweet furry babies - I truly am sorry for you, you and your little ones are in my thoughts and prayers. How could it possibly be Heaven without our pets? I know they will all be there - waiting for us to show up (with treats of course!)

  Yes, our sweet little Miss Piggy has a new name, my four year old was so excited when he saw her that he had no interest in any of the other presents that Santa brought. He thought about her name for a day and a half, he took it very seriously. I kept throwing out ideas, Miss Piggy, Blueberry, Sweetie, etc. They were all rejected. My husband had some ideas also, Godzilla, King Kong, etc. Fortunately those were also rejected. As I was reading him his favorite book he found her name. The book was Scooby Doo, the name was.....(drum roll)....Daphne (the pretty girl in the book). The next day we looked on the internet and read the GP care book that Santa had left and were trying to decide on the perfect toy to get for Daphne. We got some great ideas from looking at some of the pictures that were noted on the gp digest, but we decided to go to the pet store and see if anything caught our eye. And something sure did! Her name is Santa! My son figured that the best toy Daphne could have
 was "a friend for when I'm not there". When I checked with my husband he was all for it, boy I sure wish someone in this house had a backbone when it comes to animals!!! Oh well - the more the merrier!

  So the day after we brought Santa home (she's red and white) we packed everyone up and headed up to our vacation home 3 hours away. The girls did great and had lots of fun being the center of attention. Our dog is so in love with them that she was sleeping next to their cage and would just sit and watch them for hours. Thanks for all the great advice on traveling with them, we had extra bags of lettuce and grapes in the car, and the girls loved their towel so much that it is now fixed in their cage. We have decided that we will be getting another cage to keep at the other house - this one is just too big to lug around even when it's broken down. And there is no question about the girls not coming with us!

  Today I even clipped Daphne's' nails - they just really seemed too long. We both did great! I think I'm getting the hang of this Guinea Pig Momma stuff. What is it that you all refer to it? Oh yeah - Slave. I get it now.

  Happy New Year to All!
  Pray for Peace
  Love to all the Slaves and Piggys!

  Juls, Tommy, Daphne and Santa